Shalom translates to more than just "Hello" or "Peace." It encompasses all of our warm feelings of "Welcome" that we extend to you.
Congregation Kahal Kadosh Beth Elohim provides opportunities for practicing Reform Judaism in an atmosphere of serenity, warmth, mutual acceptance, and historical significance. Established in 1749, Congregation K.K. Beth Elohim became the first Reform Jewish congregation in the United States in 1841. We recently celebrated the sesquicentennial of our majestic synagogue, the oldest surviving Reform synagogue in the world.
Viewed across the Carmel Goodstein
Memorial Garden. Photo by Warren Lieb.
Jews living in Charleston have joined Congregation K.K. Beth Elohim to:
- worship together as Jewish individuals and families in ways relevant to modern men and women
- educate our children and ourselves in our rich Jewish past and present so that we will be equipped to build our Jewish future
- strengthen our religious and cultural bonds with our Jewish heritage
- link ourselves with Jews of other times and other places
- belong to a religious community that welcomes diversity of thought and practice, born Jews and mixed married couples, young and old, single men and women as well as families
- serve the human family by applying Jewish religious principles to contemporary life
- attain greater personal integrity and fulfillment
- provide one another with a variety of social and creative activities in congregational life, occasions to form deep and lasting friendships enrich our lives through a sense of community,
- a sense of belonging, and a commitment to those values that enhance our lives as contemporary Jews.
We are more than just a house of worship; we are a vibrant and caring congregational family. The best way to learn about us is to visit us in person. We cordially invite you to attend our Shabbat services and any of our other functions and activities. Share with us the friendly atmosphere that is "The Temple."
90 Hasell Street, Charleston SC 29401
(843) 723-1090 FAX (843) 723-0537
"The entertainment for the kids at Hannah's Bat Mitzvah was fantastic. Getting the kids involved
is what the party's all about, and that's certainly what you know how to do!" Ed Murray, Little River, SC
“The way you conducted everything—you made the Bar Mitzvah!” Georgia Drucker, Lake City, SC
M I T Z V A H C E L E B R A T I O N S ' Bar/Bat Mitzvah productions come in all sizes.
We look forward to sharing our specialized, party-making approach providing
the grounds for everyone in attendance to be included in the fun
as we maintain the focus on the Bar/Bat Mitzvah Honoree!
CALL US for an informative consultation: Direct Line: 843-272-3335, Toll Free: 800-359-5618.
Toll Free: 1-800-359-5618, Direct Line: 843-272-3335
P.O. Box 410, North Myrtle Beach, SC 29597
©2004-2010 Music on the Strand, Inc.
Disc Jockeys in North Carolina, NC: Wilmington, Chapel Hill, Gastonia, High Point, Durham, Rocky Mount, Cary, Hickory, Weldon, Kill Devil Hills, New Bern, Charlotte, Raleigh, Whiteville, Staesville, Fayetteville, Asheville, Kinston, Boone, Winston Salem, Wagram, Aberdeen, DJs in South Carolina, SC: Myrtle Beach, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Marion, Orangeburg, Sumter, Kingstree, Dillon, Greenville, Spartanburg, Anderson, Aiken, Ridgeville, Beaufort, Hilton Head Island, Bar Mitzvah DJ in Georgia, GA: Atlanta, Valdosta, Albany, Riverdale, Athens, Macon, Columbus, Savannah, Rome, Dalton, Marietta, Snellville, Waycross, Augusta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Bat Mitzvah Disc Jockeys in Tennessee, TN: Nashville, Knoxville, Jackson, Chatanooga, Brentwood, Memphis, Arlington, Blountville